Siebel Analytics Platform Installation and Configuration Guide > Installing Siebel Analytics >
Running the Analytics Installer Under UNIX
Analytics License: All licenses.
Operating System: UNIX only.
This task is part of the Process of Installing the Siebel Analytics Platform.
CAUTION: Java SDK must be running before you run the Siebel Analytics installer, otherwise key components will fail to work.
For UNIX platform installations, the following are significant areas of difference from Windows platform installations:
- The default installation directory is /usr/local/SiebelAnalytics. Your installation directory may be different. You may need to contact your UNIX Administrator to create this directory and give you write permission.
- Default ports are used for installation. If you want to modify the port numbers, see the NQSConfig.INI File Reference.
To run the Siebel Analytics installation wizard under UNIX
- Make sure that you have set the DISPLAY environment variable.
- Change directory to the installation directory.
- To run the installer in graphics mode, use the following command:
To run the installer in console (or text) mode, use the following command:
NOTE: In console mode of installation, you enter input as plain text in the terminal window when prompted. You do not see dialogue screens, and therefore you do not need to set the DISPLAY variable.
The following screens or messages appear:
Initializing InstallShield Wizard...
Preparing Java(tm) Virtual Machine
NOTE: The JVM preparation takes several minutes.
Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Siebel Analytics
- Perform one of the following sub steps, depending on whether you are running the installer with a graphical user interface or running the installer in console mode:
- Running the installer with a graphical user interface:
Provide the requested input for each screen.
To continue to the next screen, click Next. To return to a previous screen, click Back.
- Running the installer in console mode:
Follow the prompts in the installation script
In the console mode, each prompt ends with the following choices and their defaults in square brackets:
Press 1 for Next, 2 for Previous, 3 to Cancel or 4 to Redisplay
The meanings and default for each screen and prompt are shown in Table 19.
NOTE: The particular screens or prompts that are visible depend on the Analytics license and installation options you choose.
- Proceed to Initializing the Siebel Analytics Installation.