Siebel Analytics Platform Installation and Configuration Guide > Localizing Siebel Analytics Deployments >
Using the Externalize Strings Utility for Localization
Analytics License: All licenses.
Operating Systems: All.
This task is part of the Process of Maintaining Translation Tables for Analytics.
The Server Administration Tool's Externalize Strings utility is primarily for use by translators or by the Siebel Analytics repository administrator. If you use a language other than English (US), you must use Externalize Strings to see the names of catalogs, tables and columns, and their descriptions if present, in their own language.
NOTE: Before using the Externalize Strings utility, translators should consult Siebel Systems.
To perform the string translation process using Externalize Strings
- In the repository presentation layer, right-click a Catalog Folder.
- Select the options Externalize Display Names and Externalize Descriptions.
- From the Toolbar, choose Tools > Utilities > Externalize Strings and click the Execute button.
- Click on the Catalog Folders in the left pane.
In the right pane, the translated values and the original strings (names) appear. These translated values are placed in session variables for use by Siebel Analytics Web.
- Click the Save button to save the strings in the format you want.
- Click the Close button to end the utility.