Siebel Analytics Platform Installation and Configuration Guide > Configuring Siebel Analytics Web Server >
Configuring the ISAPI Plug-In for Siebel Analytics Web
Analytics License: All licenses.
Operating System: Windows only.
This topic is part of the process Configuring Siebel Analytics Web Server.
This task is necessary if one of the following is true:
- You are using the Microsoft ISAPI Web extension or plug-in to create a link between Analytics Web and HTTP Web servers
- The Siebel Analytics Web and IIS servers are to run on different machines, thus separating the HTTP Server Components from the Siebel Analytics Platform Components
Then this topic becomes a task in the process Configuring Analytics Web.
The ability to separate the Analytics Web ISAPI plug-in and the Analytics Web service onto different machines provides control over network and resource allocation and partitioning when firewalls are used. All of the settings can be configured through the Windows registry file. The J2EE Container plug-in ties the supported Web server on UNIX to Siebel Analytics Web.
To configure an ISAPI plug-in for Siebel Analytics Web
- In the registry located on the Web server, add the following entry:
TIP: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Siebel Systems, Inc.\Siebel Analytics\ Web\7.8\ISAPI\ServerConnectString
- Create the following value:
sawtcp://<this is the fully-qualified domain name of the Analytics Web server>:<and the Analytics Web server listening port>. For example, sawtcp://sastest:9710
Port 9710 is the default port on which the Analytics Web Service listens to remote procedure calls from one or more plug-ins.
NOTE: Make sure that the fully-qualified domain name of the Web server is set up as a host with its own IP address.
- Save the file when you are done.