Siebel Analytics User Guide > Using Siebel Intelligence Dashboards >
Changing the Properties of a Siebel Intelligence Dashboard
This section explains how to use the Dashboard Properties page to display or modify the properties for a dashboard. It contains the following topics:
NOTE: Dashboard modification is reserved for users with the appropriate permissions and responsibilities.
Accessing the Dashboard Properties Page for a Siebel Intelligence Dashboard
This section explains how to navigate to the Dashboard Properties page.
To access the Dashboard Properties page for a dashboard
- Log in to Siebel Analytics and navigate to Siebel Intelligence Dashboards.
- At the top of the page, click the name of a dashboard whose properties you want to change.
The dashboard appears.
- Click the Edit Dashboard link.
The Dashboard Editor appears.
- Click the Dashboard Properties button near the top of the Dashboard Editor:
The Dashboard Properties page appears.
Selecting a Style for a Siebel Intelligence Dashboard
Styles control how dashboards and results are formatted for display. Your Siebel Analytics administrator may have created styles that you can choose from. If not, results are formatted using a default style.
For more information about styles, see Siebel Analytics Web Administration Guide.
To select a style for a dashboard
- In the General Properties area at the Dashboard Properties page, select the style to use from the Style drop-down list.
Adding a Description for a Siebel Intelligence Dashboard
Descriptions are displayed when Siebel Analytics administrators use the Catalog Manager. The description will not appear on the dashboard.
To add a description for a dashboard
- Type a description for the dashboard into the Description box at the Dashboard Properties page.
Renaming, Deleting, Reordering, and Hiding a Siebel Intelligence Dashboard Page
This section provides procedures to rename, delete, reorder, and hide dashboard pages. The Dashboard Pages area of the Dashboard Properties page shows you the pages for the dashboard. The pages are listed in the same order as their tabs.
When you rename a dashboard, you can preserve users' references to the dashboard that use the previous name. This creates a shortcut with the old name that points to the renamed dashboard in the Web Catalog.
If you are working with a dashboard page, you can hide it from users until your changes are complete.
CAUTION: The actions described in the following procedures will not be undone by clicking Cancel.
To rename a dashboard page
- Click the Rename button at the Dashboard Properties page to open the Rename Item page, and follow the instructions given there.
To delete a dashboard page
- Click the Delete button at the Dashboard Properties page, and confirm the delete when prompted.
To change permissions for the contents of a dashboard page
To reorder a dashboard page
- To move a dashboard page up in the list, click the Move Up button at the Dashboard Properties page.
On the dashboard, this moves the tab for the page to the left.
- To move a page down in the list, click the Move Down button at the Dashboard Properties page.
On the dashboard page, this moves the tab for the page to the right.
To hide a dashboard page
Applying Cosmetic Formatting to Results and Dashboards