Siebel Analytics Web Administration Guide > Administering the Siebel Analytics Web Catalog >
Best Practices for Working with the Siebel Analytics Web Catalog
This section gives best practices for working with Web Catalog content.
CAUTION: Make sure that the Analytics Catalog Manager is accessible only to Siebel Analytics Web administrators. As no login is required, full privileges for operations are granted to anyone who uses it.
- Use Analytics Catalog Manager only when Siebel Analytics is not running. Never make modifications to an in-use Web Catalog.
- Always make backups of the Web Catalogs that you are working with. Also back up the .version file.
- To work with two Web Catalogs, always open the second catalog from the Analytics Catalog Manager instance that you used to open the first catalog.
- When you are copying or pasting content from one Web Catalog to another, you need to stay within the same relative structure. For example, you can copy a request from a User folder to another User folder, but not from a User folder to a Shared folder.
- Copying and pasting into email is not supported.
- Do not attempt to reorder items in the Web Catalog using Analytics Catalog Manager.