Siebel Business Analytics Server Administration Guide > Creating and Administering the Business Model and Mapping Layer in a Repository >
Setting Up Display Folders in the Business Model and Mapping Layer
Administrators can create display folders to organize objects in the Business Model and Mapping layer. They have no metadata meaning. After you create a display folder, the selected tables and dimensions appear in the folder as a shortcut and in the business model tree as the object. You can hide the objects so that you only see the shortcuts in the display folder. For more information about hiding these objects, see Using the Options Dialog Box—Repository Tab.
NOTE: Deleting objects in the display folder only deletes the shortcuts to those objects.
To set up a logical display folder
- In the Business Model and Mapping layer, right-click a business model, and choose New Object > Logical Display Folder.
- In the Logical Display Folder dialog box, in the Tables tab, type a name for the folder.
- To add tables to the display folder, perform the following steps:
- Click Add.
- In the Browse dialog box, select the fact or dimension tables you want to add to the folder and click Select.
- To add dimensions to the display folder, click the Dimensions tab and perform the following steps:
- Click Add.
- In the Browse dialog box, select the dimensions that you want to add to the folder and click Select.
- Click OK.