Siebel Business Analytics Server Administration Guide > Setting Up Mobile Analytics > Creating and Storing the Mobile Analytics Repository >
Assign the Mobile Database Type and Connection Pool
The following list explains the unique properties for the mobile database and mobile connection pool:
- In the physical layer of every mobile repository, the database type must be set to SQL Anywhere because that will always be the database on the mobile machine. Figure 17 illustrates where to set the Database type to SQL Anywhere.
Figure 17. Mobile Data Source Definition
- Figure 18 shows the connection pool parameters in the Connection Pool dialog box.
Figure 18. Mobile Connection Pool Properties
- The connection pool data source name must be Mobile because client laptops are configured during the Mobile Analytics installation to use this data source name.
- The SQL Anywhere personal database server, licensed with Mobile Analytics, cannot have more than 10 concurrent database connections. Therefore, when setting up a Mobile Analytics RPD, set the Maximum Connections value to less than or equal to 10.
- The user name and password of the connection pool must be the same as the name of the mobile application. This application name is specified in the application configuration file and the user name and password must match it. For more information, see Create the Application Configuration File for Mobile Analytics.
- The mobile user does not need to know the user name and password for the mobile database. You can define a common user name (Administrator by default) in the repository and mobile users can use this to log in to their mobile applications.
- For authentication purposes, you can add a standard user name in the mobile repository for all mobile users to connect to their Mobile Analytics application.
- Data is always personalized, because it is extracted from the enterprise server using each user's name and password.
- If your company uses Oracle's Siebel operational applications remotely, you can set up a separate connection for authentication purposes. The user name and password in this connection must be :USER and :PASSWORD. These variables allow the values to be used for authentication purposes. For more information about repository variables, see Using Repository Variables.
- Column names in a database table cannot contain special characters such as #. Change fact table column names to contain alphanumeric characters only.