Siebel Business Analytics Server Administration Guide > Administration Tool Utilities and Expression Builder > Utilities and Wizards >
Use this utility to synchronize the structure of physical layer alias objects with the physical table for which they are an alias. For example, if a column data type changes in the original table, this utility adjusts the data type in the alias.
To synchronize aliases
- From the Tools menu, choose Utilities.
- In the Utilities dialog box, select Synchronize Aliases, and then click Execute.
- From the View By drop-down list, select whether you want to view the list of tables with aliases either by the original physical tables or by the alias tables.
If you select Original Tables, they appear in the left pane, and when you click a table, its alias appears in the right pane. The reverse is true if you select Aliases.
- (Optional) Select the option Synchronize Primary Keys to compare or synchronize primary keys.
If this option is not selected, primary keys are not considered during the synchronize operation.
- (Optional) Select the option Show Qualified Names to display qualified names in the Original Tables pane.
The fully qualified names are based on the physical object names in the repository. If this option is not selected, only the names of the tables are displayed.
- To determine whether a physical table and its aliases are already synchronized, click the original table and its alias to select them, then click Compare.
An informational message will tell you whether the tables are synchronized.
- To select all original tables and their aliases, click Select All, and then click Synchronize to synchronize all logical table and column aliases with their associated physical tables.
- To synchronize an individual table, click the original table and its alias to select them, then click the Synchronize button.
- Click the Close button.