Siebel Business Analytics Server Administration Guide > Administration Tool Utilities and Expression Builder > Utilities and Wizards >
This utility is primarily for use by translators to translate Presentation layer catalogs, tables, columns, and their descriptions into other languages. You can save these text strings to an external file with ANSI, Unicode, and UTF-8 coding options.
CAUTION: When using this utility, translators should work closely with Oracle's Siebel Business Analytics contacts to verify that the correct process is followed for each situation.
To translate a string
- In the Presentation layer, right-click a presentation catalog and choose Externalize Display Names.
- In the Presentation layer, right-click the same presentation catalog and choose Externalize Descriptions.
In the right-click menu, both options appear with a check next to them.
- From the Tools menu, choose Utilities > Externalize Strings, and then click Execute.
- In the Externalize Strings dialog box, click a presentation catalog in the left pane.
NOTE: You can select all catalogs at once or select them individually and create a separate string file for each one.
In the right pane, the translated values and the original strings (names) appear. These will be placed in session variables for use by Siebel Business Analytics Web.
- Click Save.
- In the Save As dialog box, choose a type of file and an encoding value and click Save.
- In the Externalized Strings dialog box, click Close.
- (Optional) To clear the check marks next to these options, right-click the presentation catalog and click each option.