Oracle WebCenter Collaboration 10.3.0.1 released September, 2009
Oracle WebCenter Collaboration 10.3.0
These release notes cover Oracle WebCenter Collaboration 10.3.0,
including patches and maintenance packs. For information on a particular
release, go to the appropriate section of these release notes.
Release notes are
occasionally updated after the release date. For the most up-to-date release
notes, go to download.oracle.com.
- NOTE! As this is a patch release, Installing
10.3.0.1 requires an existing installation of WebCenter Collaboration
10.3.0. The installer will not run if it does not detect an existing
installation of 10.3.0.
- There is a new feature in this release that integrates with the
Microsoft Office task pane available in Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007.
When enabled and configured correctly this becomes an alternative for
the "WebEdit" feature. It does not require the installation of
any additional components. See the administration guide for
configuration instructions and the online help for more information
about this feature.
- Note that while WebEdit was supported on Vista OS it required
office to be run in Compatability mode (see Known Issues below).
With the addition of the new Microsoft Office task pane feature;
however, it's possible to use WebEdit on Vista without requiring Office
to be run in Compatability mode No additional components need to
be installed to use this feature in a Microsoft Office 2003 or 2007
application; however, the feature must be enabled and configured
correctly. See the installation guide for more information.
- Collaboration notification templates do not support the messageID variable (Issue 7827344)
- When auto deletion set to four weeks, all docs are deleted in the recycle bin (Issue 8309894)
- Runtime error occurs with bulk upload (Issue 7824745)
- The bulk upload applet certificate expired on Aug. 15th. (Issue 8715963)
- Collaboration SMTP hangs after 10 connections. (Issue 8278864)
- Crawler deletes project-wide custom properties (Issue 8625117)
- Edit folder properties navigation unchecks some settings (Issue 8505367)
- Calendar times change when toggling between properties/security tabs. (Issue 7821654).
- Japanese language: Incorrect translation for "quicklinks" (Issues 7826779/7824687)
- Increasing the width of the name field in the doc tab causes problems (Issue 7827107)
- Problems when searching custom doc properites (Issue 7825368)
- Error messages in the log file cause confusion (Issue 7825900)
- Allow notification of portal groups (Issue 7824738)
- In the unusual case where portal is deployed using weblogic
server on a port other than 80, the the port will need to be manually
added to the gateway url in the Collaboration Administrator page under
the 'Portal Access' settings (Issue 8487177)
- User is unable to delete a document from the MS Office task pane even with appropriate permissions (Issue 8500856)
- Task dates in the MS Office task pane may by one day off in instances where there are multiple time-zones used (Issue 8513980)
- The number of tasks displayed in the Tasks tab of the MS Office
task pane reflects only completed tasks, not the total number of tasks
At the time of release, Oracle WebCenter Collaboration 10.3.0 supports the
Windows 2003 Server SP2; Solaris 9, 10; RedHat Enterprise Linux 4.0
update 5 and above, RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.2; SuSe Linux 9, 10; OEL
5.2; AIX 5L v5.3 Technology Level 5300-05↑; HPUX 11i v2, HPUX 11i v3.
Servers: Tomcat 6.0 (default embedded); Oracle WebLogic
Servers: SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2005 SP2;
DB2; Oracle versions 188.8.131.52, 10.1.0.3, 10.2.0.x and 184.108.40.206↑* including RAC
Internet Explorer 6.0 and 7.0; Firefox 3.0; Safari 3.0 (Windows only). Refer to the Installation and Upgrade Guide for Oracle
WebCenter Collaboration 10.3. for more detailed
browser support information.
Office (For Office Plug-In): MS Office 2003 on Windows XP
SP2; MS Office 2007 on Windows XP SP2.
* On Oracle 11g databases, customers must add the following
parameter to the bottom of the init$ORACLE_SID.ora file:
At the time of release, Oracle WebCenter Collaboration 10.3.0 supports the
- Oracle WebCenter Interaction 10.3.0
The following product documentation is available at http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E13158_01/alui/collaboration/docs103/index.html.
|| Document Description
Installation and Upgrade Guide
|Describes how to install the components of WebCenter Collaboration and upgrade to the current version.
this document and use it to gather the information that you need to
install and configure all of the various WebCenter Collaboration
|Describes how to use, manage, and administer WebCenter Collaboration.
You can also access online help through the product user interface.
|Describes how to use the administration console that is delivered with WebCenter Collaboration.
- There are no new features in this release.
- Cross-site scripting vulnerability (Issue #69602)
- In Windows Vista, the Collaboration toolbar does not
display when opening an Excel document from a Web Folder. This only
occurs when opening the document before the Excel application is
WORKAROUND: Launch Excel before opening the document from the Web Folder. (Issue #68603)
the Collaboration search index creates temporary files on
bea\alui\ptcollab\4.5\tmp that are not later removed by the indexing
agent. These files need to be manually deleted. (Issue # 69367)
- The Phone Home feature in Oracle Configuration Manager is not
supported for use by customers unless directed to do so by customer
support. (Issue #68098)
- The WebEdit functionality in Collaboration consumes
multiple user sessions in the portal. If this functionality is used
with a portal running with an SDK license, the user session limit will
be exhausted quickly. Additional users will not be able to log in to
the portal until one of the existing sessions has expired or the portal
is restarted. (Issue #54472)
- The APIs for managing Collaboration subscriptions in the
Oracle WebCenter Interaction Development Kit ("IDK") have been deprecated and are no
longer supported. (Issue #67376)
- Collaboration Database RAC settings are not implemented in Oracle Configuration Manager. (Issue #70350)
WORKAROUND: Collaboration's database.xml configuration file located in <install_dir>10.3.0⁄settings⁄config⁄
must be used to configure Collaboration database connection settings.
- Document Management
- Cannot upload document larger than 350kb on Collaboration
environment with SSL enabled and WebCenter Interaction is running on WebLogic
- Modified custom property values do not get applied after
republishing a document to the Knowledge Directory. (Issue #67145)
- When publishing to the Knowledge Directory, a space (" ")
be entered as the value for custom property that is "required to
publish." Performing this action results in an error. (Issue #66610)
- An Internal Server Error returns when the file size
reaches the maximum project size during bulk upload. (Issue #52442)
- Versions of Collaboration prior to 4.1 allowed the
character in documents and folders; however, these documents and
folders cannot be accessed via WebDAV so it is no longer possible to
create a document or folder with '#' in the name. (Issue #44909)
- When creating a shortcut to a document and deleting the
original file, users can still search on the document from the Project
Explorer. When clicking
on the shortcut, users receive an error message. (Issue #67531, #67530)
- It is not possible to view details for document folders
name contains a '/' (forward slash). The '/' character should be
removed from all folder names. Document folders created in
Collaboration 4.x will not contain the '/' character in the name, but
folders created in versions of Collaboration prior to 4.0 may have
included this character. (Issue #58642)
- WebEdit and WebFolders
- WebFolder mapping does not work on Vista.
This is a Vista -- not a Collaboration -- issue. In order to fix this
problem, you must download "Software
Update for Web Folders (KB907306)" from Microsoft and install
it on the Vista machine. (Issue #64731)
- WebEdit and WebFolders do not work
correctly on clients running Office 2007 and Microsoft Vista. (Issue
WORKAROUND: The client will need to run its Office applications in
compatibility mode" (meaning they run as if they were running on
Windows XP). This needs to be done on every client machine for the
Office applications: Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. The process for
applications in Compatibility Mode is as follows:
1. Locate the executable. For example:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.exe .
2. Right-click on the executable, and
3. Navigate to the Compatibility
4. Select the Run this
program in compatibility
mode for: box . Choose Windows XP
(Service Pack 2) in the drop-down menu.
- WebDAV might not function correctly if the WebDAV
are set to Allowed instead of Prohibited on the portal server
traffic. This only applies when running the .NET version of the portal.
- When changing a Collaboration folder through Web folders,
the files underneath are treated as newly-uploaded files and generate
subscription e-mails for every file. (Issue #52395)
- When using Firefox, the Collaboration window does not
after checking it in or out via WebEdit. Therefore the file state does
not appear to update (Issue #47583)
- It is not possible to open two Microsoft PowerPoint files
simultaneously via WebDAV. (Issue #47769)
- When editing files through Web folders, if the full Web
path is greater than 229 characters, opening in Edit mode causes a DDE
WORKAROUND: Make sure that the path of the file contains fewer than 230
characters. To do this, use one of the following methods.
-- Rename the file so it has a shorter
-- Rename one or more folders that
contain the file so that they have shorter names.
-- Move the file to a folder that has a
shorter path name.
- WebEdit might not work in a multi-domain environment using
SSL. The workaround is to modify Collaboration's config.xml file to
< nonGatewayedAccess enabled="yes"/> (Issue #58576)
- Office 2007 Plug-in
- The Advanced section of Office Ribbon does not work when
the Collaboration document or folder name contains non-ASCII
characters. (Issue #65326)
- The Microsoft Office 2003 Plug-in does not support Asian
languages. (Issue #47153)
- Pathways Integration
- AL Pathways tags with non-ASCII characters that are applied from
Collaboration project or the Office 2007 ribbon are not passed to Pathways
correctly. (Issue #67324)
- AL Pathways tags with Asian characters that are applied
Collaboration project or the Office 2007 ribbon are not encoded
correctly. (Issue #67423)
- RSS feed authentication: Basic authentication user name
and password for RSS feeds does not support multi-byte
characters. (Issue #67920)
- Project overview: Wide project overview modules might not
display properly if dragged onto narrow columns. (Issue #66787)
- Manage Project: A project image cannot be uploaded before
project is created. To upload a project image, first create the
project. Then go to Manage Project and upload the
- Projects whose names contain the following characters
no longer be displayed as Web folders: \ / * ? < > | #.
projects with these characters in their names can still be created, but
the person creating projects with these characters will receive a
warning. (Issue #47479)
- Customers using Oracle might see the error "No more data
available to read" in collaboration.log if statistics are not run on
the database. All Oracle deployments must follow the steps in KB
DA_232966 to prevent this error.
- Experience Definition URLs include user-specific
that preserve the correct look and feel of Experience Definitions for
These URLs are cached by the Notification Service. If a portal user
changes his or her login domain, the cached Experience Definition URLs
for that user becomes invalid. There are other, less-common reasons why
Experience Definition URLs can become invalid. If you are experiencing
the same problem for a different reason, restarting the Notification
Service will most likely resolve the problem. (Issue
- If users encounter an error when creating an announcement
a discussion message in a multi-domain environment using SSL, it might be
necessary to disable the Rich Text Editor by modifying
Collaboration's config.xml to <richtexteditor
- When clicking the New or Edit discussion message button
be prompted to download "blank.html". This only happens with certain
versions of Internet Explorer 6 and can be ignored. We recommend that
upgrade to the latest service pack for Internet Explorer. (Issue #47329)
- If nonGatewayedUploads is set to "yes" in config.xml (by
default it is set to "no"), it might be necessary to modify the URL
specified in the nonGatewayedUploads node to add a "/collab" to the end
of the URL if the URL does not already contain this. (Issue #57749)
- User with Write permissions cannot attach a file to a
discussion after canceling out of the Attach Document editor. The
user will need to log in again or have their permissions elevated to
Editor. (Issue #65015)
- Security settings do not get saved properly when a new
event is created. (Issue #63397)
- MS Project files that are exported in an operating system in a
locale other U.S. cannot be imported into Collaboration. (Issue #64144)