This page last changed on Apr 22, 2008.
The following table describes many of the major new features in ALDSP 3.
| AquaLogic Integration
|| Increased integration and interoperability with other AquaLogic products. Specifically:
- Support for WebLogic 10.1 and Workshop for WebLogic 10.0 MP1. (ALDSP 3.2)
- Integration with the AquaLogic Common Service Consumption Framework (ALDSP 3.2/3.01)
- Interoperability with AquaLogic Enterprise Repository (ALER).
- Integration with the Service Assembly Modeler (SAM).
- Integration with AquaLogic Service Bus (ALSB).
- Integration with AquaLogic Enterprise Security (ALES).
- Support for WebLogic 9.2 and Workshop for WebLogic 9.2 and 10.2 (ALDSP 3.01).
| Update Model
|| Robust data services update capabilities with minimal coding. Specifically:
- Mutator functions for updates (ALDSP 3.2/3.01)
- Support for CRUD operations.
- Graphical update mapper that displays and enables editing of update logic.
- Support for custom, user-defined update procedures via XQuery Scripting Extensions (XQSE).
- SDO 2.1 support.
| Native Web Services Support
| The interface between web services and data services has been improved and simplified.
- Data Services can be enabled as Web Services - declaratively.
- Client applications now access data through web services via the Web Service Mediator API.
- Integrated IDE environment to create, configure and test these data services as web services.
- Eliminate previous requirements to utilize ALDSP Control and JWS along the path from data services to web services.
| Full integration of the Data Services Studio with the Eclipse framework, providing:
- WSDL Consumption through the AquaLogic Common Service Consumption Framework (ALDSP 3.2/3.01)
- Enhanced data service mapping editor.
- Integrated server and deployment management.
- Outline view supporting large models and data services.
| Administration and Deployment Operations
| Flexible management and control of ALDSP dataspace projects:
- Deployment using Work Managers (ALDSP 3.2/3.01)
- Runtime and WSDL access service accounts (ALDSP 3.2/3.01)
- Projection of runtime security policies(ALDSP 3.2/3.01)
- Derived simple types (ALDSP 3.2/3.01)
- Support for incremental/granular data service deployment.
- Deploys data services in real time without service interruption.
- Service Explorer provides improved metadata management.
|| Supports integrated security management, specifically:
- Encryption-based Data Redaction (ALDSP 3.2/3.01)
- Security configuration based on identity mappings.
- Security propagation to underlying data sources.
- Message- and transport-level security for native ALDSP web services.
| Fuller integration of the data services modeler with data services development, including:
- Enables model-driven data service development.
| Operational and developmental performance improvements, including:
- Improved tooling performance when working with large schemas.
- Improved runtime memory management.
- Data streaming support for remote clients.
- 64-bit JVM support for larger addressable memory (RedHat, HP-UX Itanium).
|| New or Significantly Modified Documentation
- ALDSP 3.2/3.01 New Features Documentation
- Creating a Physical Data Service from a Java Function
- SQL Maps
- ALDSP Control
- Data Services Developer's Guide is also available from the Studio Help > Help Contents area