3.2 released October 2006
These release notes cover all releases of AquaLogic Interaction Portlet Suite - Microsoft Exchange 3.2,
including hotfixes and maintenance packs. For information on a particular release,
please go to the appropriate section of these release notes.
Release notes are occasionally updated after the release date. For the most
up-to-date release notes, go to http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/index.html.
Refer to the Interoperability page in the Product Center at support.plumtree.com for the latest information on supported operating systems, application servers, and browsers.
At the time of release, AquaLogic Interaction Portlet Suite - Microsoft Exchange 3.2 supports the following:
- Operating Systems/Application Servers: Microsoft IIS 6.0, .NET 1.1 SP1
on Windows 2003 Server SP1
- Exchange Server: Microsoft Exchange 2000 or 2003
- Browsers: Firefox 1.0, 1.5, 2.0; Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0; Netscape
7.2, 8.0; Safari 1.3, 2.0
Refer to the Interoperability page in the Product Center at support.plumtree.com
for the latest information on supported BEA products.
At the time of release, AquaLogic Interaction Portlet Suite - Microsoft Exchange
3.2 supports the following:
- AquaLogic Interaction 6.1
The following product documentation is available for download from http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/index.html:
Document Title and File Name
Installation and Upgrade Guide for BEA AquaLogic Interaction Portlet Suite - Microsoft Exchange 3.2
Describes how to install and upgrade the components of AquaLogic
Interaction Portlet Suite - Microsoft Exchange 3.2.
- Plumtree Portlet Suite for MS Exchange has been renamed to AquaLogic Interaction
Portlet Suite - Microsoft Exchange
- Calendar displays an extra day for appointments and meetings with duration
over 12 hours. (Issue #29866)
- The Community Portlets only support the "Portal Setting
Authentication" User Information Settings option. The Community Portlets:
Calendar, Mail and Contacts use Community portlet settings for authentication
with MS Exchange Server. The Community Portlets should only be setup with
the "Portal Setting Authentication" option on the "User Information Settings"
page of the Administrative Preferences. (Issue #17582)
- AquaLogic Interaction Portlet Suite - Microsoft Exchange
uses "Low Bandwidth Portal" user interface for Netscape browsers. The AquaLogic
Interaction Portlet Suite - Microsoft Exchange displays a simplified user
interface for Netscape browsers. (Issue #10639-1)
- File download dialog displays wrong file type. (Issue #41913)
Workaround: Select appropriate file type in file
- SJIS character set is not handled properly in Portal 4.5 WS, when user's
locale setting is set to Japanese. (Issue #41202)
Workaround: Set character set to Unicode (UTF-8).
- Automatic launch of Installation Verification page displays an error "Page
Cannot Be Found" when Remote Server IIS port number is not port 80. (Issue
Workaround: Manually point your Web browser to Installation
Verification page URL http://RemoteServerURL:port/E2KPortlets/install/testinstall.aspx.
- Contacts portlet displays cached search results when Contacts portlet administrative
preference Custom Editor is set to Backend Editor. Newly create private contact
does not appear in contacts search results. (Issue #40961)
- Pictures embedded in email message cannot be displayed. The red X broken
image is shown. (Issue #40722)
Workaround: Use attachment functionality to send
pictures in email message.
- Contact email address stored as MS Exchange Global Address List (GAL) can
be displayed in a different format via Contact portlet UI. (Issue #33569)
- Calendar appointments created in the Calendar portlet are removed from MS
Exchange OWA if the start and end dates of the appointment are changed to
"All Day" in the Calendar portlet UI. (Issue #31126-1)
- Due to a limitation in the installer software, installs are run in English
only. (Issue #28767-1 and #6701-1)
- Search of private contacts only searches top level folder. Contacts stored
in sub-folders of the "Contacts" directory are not returned in search results.
Workaround: Click through to the Microsoft Outlook
Web Access Client to access contacts that are not stored in the root folder
of the private Contacts directory.
- Plumtree Portlet Suite for MS Exchange does not allow specification of username
and password authentication for MS Exchange servers configured to use proxy
server. The Portlet Suite for MS Exchange provides functionality to specify
a proxy server name and port for the MS Exchange servers on the "Server List"
page of the Administrative Preferences. The current Server List configuration
does not allow specification of username and password for the proxy server.
Workaround: Log off from Plumtree Portal and log
in again to flash new content.
- Undeliverable: Delivery Status messages from System Administrator do not
specify for who messages was intended. Undeliverable: Delivery Status messages
do not include body of e-mail to indicate by who message was not successfully
received. (Issue #12961-1)
- Default date shown in Create Appointment window is current date. The default
date shown in the Create Appointment window is the current date, not the date
selected by the user in the Calendar.(Issue #10198-1)
- When BEA ALI Excel Framework is installed on the same remote server machine
with BEA ALI Portlet Suite for Microsoft Exchange, it causes an error in delete
contacts functionality. (Issue #54203)
Workaround: Install BEA ALI Excel Framework and
BEA ALI Portlet Suite for Microsoft Exchange on separate remote servers.