Administration Console Online Help
Create notifications for
watches in a diagnostic system module
To create a
- If you have not already done so, in the Change Center of the Administration Console, click Lock & Edit (see Use the Change Center).
In the left
pane, expand Diagnostics and select
On the Summary of Diagnostic Modules page,
click the name of the module containing the watch(es) for which you
want to create a notification.
On the Settings for [Module Name] page,
select Configuration > Watches and Notifications >
On the Create Notification page, enter a name for the
watch in the Notification Name field.
Select a notification type from the Notification
Type list: [need better explanations]
- Select SMTP (E-Mail) to create a
notification that will be delivered in e-mail.
- Select JMS Message to create a
notification that will be delivered via JMS messaging.
- Select Diagnostic Image to capture a
- Select JMX Notification to create a
notification that will be delivered via JMX.
- Select SMNP Trap to create an SMNP
To enable or disable the notification, select or deselect the
Enable Notification box.
Click Next. The page that is displayed next is different
for each of the different notification types, listed above. For more
information on each page, click the Help button
on that page.
- To activate these changes, in the Change Center of the Administration Console, click Activate Changes.
Not all changes take effect immediately—some require a restart (see Use the Change Center).