Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide > Deploying a Siebel ADM Package >
About the Siebel ADM Command-Line Interface Syntax
The Siebel Application Deployment Manager (ADM) command-line interface is a Java-based tool executed by running a batch command (.bat) file with the appropriate commands and parameters. The command file is named for the target Siebel Enterprise Server; that is, the batch filename is of the format deploy_enterprise_name.bat. For more information on ADM command-line interface, see About the ADM Command-Line Interface.
The general syntax for running this batch file is as follows:
- enterprise_name is the name of the Siebel Enterprise.
- function is the command used to administer the ADM deployment, such as
validate, and so on. These commands are further described in subsequent topics.
- username is the Siebel user name.
- password is the Siebel password.
- package_name is the name of the XML ADM package file.
- options are the optional flags that supplement the function command. For more information on these flags, see Table 10 and Table 12.
Some additional syntax elements apply for particular uses of the batch file. These are noted in subsequent topics where they apply.
For further assistance, use the
help parameter for information on the ADM batch file; that is, run: