Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide > Overview of the Siebel ADM Architecture >
About the Siebel ADM Client Environments
The Siebel Application Deployment Manager (ADM) client environments include command-line interface programs and GUI applications that you use to create and manage a deployment of application customizations between environments. Other traditional Siebel application interfaces are also available to assist with ADM deployments. The ADM client environments are:
- ADM Package Utility. This command-line utility creates and validates ADM packages containing application customizations. For more information on this utility, see About the ADM Package Utility.
- ADM command-line interface. This interface controls the ADM deployment through the Siebel Management Server. For more information on this interface, see About the ADM Command-Line Interface.
- Siebel ADM screen. The Siebel ADM screen (Application Deployment Manager screen in the Siebel Web Client) assists in the creation of ADM deployment units for any database data types that make up an ADM package. It can also serve as a means of deploying ADM database types outside the current ADM framework. For more information on this interface, see About the ADM Screen.
- Siebel Server Manager (srvrmgr) command-line interface. This command-line interface administers the Siebel Server. It can also create ADM deployment units for database data types used in ADM packages and can also deploy ADM database data types outside the ADM framework.
For more information on:
- Siebel Tools. The Siebel Tools GUI creates deployment units of the ADM repository data types. For information on this task, see Creating Siebel ADM Deployment Units from Repository Types. For information on Siebel Tools, see Using Siebel Tools.