Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Global Accounts >
Generating a Default Hierarchy
Follow this procedure to set up a default hierarchy. After generated, this default hierarchy is automatically assigned to organizations without an account hierarchy. To change the account hierarchy assigned to an organization, see Assigning a Custom Hierarchy to an Organization.
NOTE: Use the Generate Hierarchy function for hierarchy structures only with a small number of accounts, preferably fewer than 100,000.
This task is a step in Process of Using and Administering Global Accounts.
To create a default hierarchy
- Navigate to the Accounts screen, then the Global Accounts Administration view.
- In the Account Hierarchy list, click Generate Hierarchy.
TIP: If the generated hierarchy does not appear in the Account Relationships lists, refresh the view by navigating to a different view and then returning to the Global Accounts view.
A new account hierarchy is created. You can see error log data after you click Generate Hierarchy if an administrator configures this error log file. For more information, see Configuring Error Log Files for Hierarchy Changes.
Some fields are described in the following table.
Displays the default name from your user ID and the date.
Select the check box to indicate that the account hierarchy is the default. The default hierarchy is assigned to all organizations without an account hierarchy and is updated when new Parent fields on the account records are added or modified.
- In the Account Relationships list, review the hierarchy records.
NOTE: If users are using the Siebel application when you generate the account hierarchy, they must log off and log on again to see the default account hierarchy in the rollup views.
Adding the Generate Hierarchy Business Service to a Batch Workflow Policy
Complete the following procedure to add the Generate Hierarchy business service to a batch workflow policy.
To add the Generate Hierarchy business service to a batch workflow policy
- In Siebel Tools, create a workflow policy.
- Configure the workflow policy to call the Generate Hierarchy business service.
- Use the Workflow Process simulator to test that the workflow process works correctly.
- Set the status of the workflow process to Active in the Workflow Deployment View.
For information about how to create and configure a workflow policy, use the Workflow Process Simulator, and set the status of a workflow process, see Siebel Business Process Framework: Workflow Guide.
NOTE: If you create the business service in Siebel Tools, and compile the business service into the SRF file, make sure that you copy the SRF file to the
- Execute the workflow policy as a batch component in the Siebel application, as follows:
- Navigate to the Administration - Server Management screen, then the Jobs view.
- In the Jobs view, create a new job with a Component/Job value of Workflow Process Manager.
- In the Job Parameters form, add a parameter for the new job with the details in the following table.
Select a value of Workflow Process Name.
Type the name of the workflow policy you created in Step 1.
- In the Job Detail form, enter the time and date when you want the job to start in the Scheduled Start field.
- In the Jobs view, click Submit Job.
The job automatically starts at the scheduled time, and a Task ID is generated for the job.
- To track the execution of the task, in the Jobs view, select the job with the Task ID that you want to track, then click Tasks in the link bar.
You can view the details of the task in the Tasks view and subviews.
Enabling Users to Add Accounts with No Parent to the Default Hierarchy
If your users must add accounts that have no parent account to the default hierarchy, follow this procedure.
To enable users to add accounts with no parent account to the default hierarchy
- Start Siebel Tools.
- Select the Dynamic Hierarchy Direct Relationship business component.
- Set the value of the DynHierarchy LoadAllAccounts user property to Y.
- Select the Account business component, then select the Parent Account Id field.
- Set the value of the ForceActive property for the Parent Account Id field to TRUE.
- Compile the Siebel repository file.
- Copy the Siebel repository file to your Siebel installation.