Siebel Applications Administration Guide > State Models >
Configuring Business Components for State Models
Administrators can create state models for business components that meet the following criteria:
- The business components are state-model enabled in the preconfigured Siebel application.
- The business components are based directly on the CSSBCBase class and are enabled using the procedure in this topic.
Oracle supports state model creation for business components that are based on the CSSBCBase class and its subclasses. Do not create or modify state models for the Enterprise Service Definitions, SRM Request, and SRM Repeating Request business components. These business components are used for server administration.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up State Models.
Determining Whether Business Components Are Enabled for State Models
Complete the following procedure to determine whether a business component is enabled for state models.
To determine whether a business component is enabled for state models
- Navigate to the Administration - Application screen, then the State Models view.
- Create a new record, and click the select button in the Business Component field.
- If the business component is listed in the Business Components dialog box, the business component is enabled. You can create a state model for the business component. For more information, see Creating State Models and State Transitions.
- If the business component is not listed in the Business Components dialog box, the business component is not enabled. You can enable the business component. For more information, see the other procedure in this topic.
- Delete or undo the new record.
Enabling Business Components for State Model Functionality
In Siebel Tools, administrators can enable a business component for state model functionality.
To enable a business component for state model functionality in Siebel Tools
- Make sure that the business component is based on the CSSBCBase class.
- Create a new business component user property with the following properties:
- For the Name column, enter a value of State Model.
- For the Value column, enter a value of Y.