Siebel Assignment Manager Administration Guide > Assignment Rule Administration for Delegated Assignment > Process of Making an Assignment Rule Inheritable >
Creating Child Assignment Rule Groups
This topic explains how to create a child assignment rule group using the delegated assignment administration views.
This task is a step in Process of Making an Assignment Rule Inheritable.
To create a child rule group
- Navigate to the Administration - Delegated Assignment screen, and then the Rule Group Explorer view.
- In the Rule Group Explorer, expand the rule group folder for which you want to define a child rule group, and then click Rule Groups.
- In the My Rule Group Explorer list, click New.
- In the new rule group record, click in the available fields to enter relevant information for the new group rule.
- In the Name field, type a name for the child rule group.
- In the Owner Position field, click the select button to query for an owner, and then click OK.
NOTE: You must specify an appropriate position for the owner. A position cannot be owner (or designee) for a rule group below one for which that position is already an owner or designee.
For field descriptions, see Creating Assignment Rule Groups.
TIP: Activation and expiration dates are modifiable only at the root-level rule group level in the hierarchy. All other rule groups under the root-level rule group share the same dates and are read only.