Siebel Automotive Guide > Managing Warranties > Implementing Recall Campaigns >
Creating a Recall Campaign
After the defect in the product is identified, the OEM develops a comprehensive list of asset numbers that are affected and determines the necessary remedies to correct the defect or replace the product. When the customer is notified of the recall campaign, information is provided about the protocol and process required to carry out the repair work. For example, customers might be instructed to take the asset to the nearest service center, where service center personnel inspect the asset and perform the repairs if necessary. For more information about campaigns, see the topic about planning and designing marketing campaigns in Siebel Marketing User Guide.
To create a recall campaign
- Navigate to the Campaign Management screen, and then Campaign List.
- In the Campaign List, click New to add a recall campaign.
By default, an autogenerated campaign number is assigned to the recall campaign. Additionally, the planned start date is the day on which the recall campaign is created.
- In the Campaign Name field, enter a name for the recall campaign.
- In the Planned Start date field, enter the date for which the recall campaign commences.
By default, the date on which you create the recall campaign is entered in the field.
- In the Planned End date field, enter the date for which the recall campaign terminates.
- In the Category field, select Recall.
- Select the recall campaign you created in Step 2.
- Click the Assets view tab, and click New.
- Select an asset that is affected by the recall campaign.
- Repeat Step 8 and Step 9 for all assets that will be included in the recall.
- Click the Repair Operation Codes view tab, and click New.
- Select the repair operation code for the asset.
- Repeat Step 12 for every repair operation code that is involved in the recall campaign for the asset.