Siebel Business Process Framework: Task UI Guide > Defining UI Objects > Process of Defining a Task View >
Editing the Layout of a Task View
This task is a step in Process of Defining a Task View.
The Web Layout Editor allows you to edit the mapping that is used between applets in the view and placeholders in the template.
To edit the layout of a task view
- In Siebel Tools, in the Object Explorer, click Task.
- In the Tasks OBLE, query the Name property for the task UI that you must edit.
- Right-click the view in the Views OBLE, then choose Edit Web Layout from the pop-up menu.
- Right-click the view that is displayed in the Web Layout Editor, then choose Preview from the pop-up menu.
The view is displayed in preview mode, similar to the way it is displayed at run time in the Siebel client.
- Right-click, then choose Preview again to return to editing mode.
- Modify the sequence of the applet, as necessary:
- In the Object Explorer, expand the View tree, then click View Web Template.
- Choose the appropriate row in the Web Templates OBLE.
- In the Object Explorer, expand the View Web Template tree, then click View Web Template Item.
- In the View Web Template Items OBLE, use the Item Identifier property to define the appropriate sequence for each item.
- Modify the applet mode, as necessary:
- In the Object Explorer, click View Web Template.
- In the Web Templates OBLE, choose the appropriate row.
- In the Object Explorer, click View Web Template Item.
- In the View Web Template Items OBLE, use the Applet Mode property to define the appropriate applet mode for each item.
For more information about:
- Using the Web Layout Editor, see the topic on defining screens and views in Configuring Siebel Business Applications.
- Modifying the Web template file by using an external editor, which you can define by using the Options dialog box, see Using Siebel Tools.