Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration > EAI Siebel Adapter Business Service > Enabling Effective Dating on Fields >
Configuring Integration Components for Effective Dating on Fields
You can enable effective dating on a field in an existing integration object if the corresponding field in the business component is effective dating-enabled.
Enabling Effective Dating on Fields
You enable effective dating on fields in the Administration - Effective Dating screen.
To enable effective dating on fields
- In the Siebel Web Client, navigate to Administration - Effective Dating, then Field.
- In the Effective Dating Buscomp list, select the required business component.
The list displays the fields already enabled for effective dating.
- If you want to enable effective dating field not present in this list, click New, then in the Field field click the Select button.
- In the Business Component Fields window select the required fields, then click OK.
This enables the fields for effective dating.
Enabling Effective Dating on Integration Objects
You use Siebel Tools to synchronize the object from your current repository, with its underlying business object in the Siebel database which contains the new EDEnabled user property. For more information on synchronizing integration objects, see Synchronizing Integration Objects.
To enable effective dating on an integration object
- In Siebel Tools, select the integration object you want to enable for effective dating.
- Click the Synchronize button in the Integration Objects list.
The Integration Object Synchronize wizard appears.
- Click the plus symbol to display all the related integration components.
- Uncheck the boxes beside the objects and components you do not want to include in the synchronization of your Siebel integration object.
- Locate the integration component containing the effective dating-enabled fields and drill down on it.
- Click the plus symbol to display all the user properties of the field.
- Locate the EDEnabled user property from the list, select it, then and add it to the repository side.
- Review the summary, and if changes are needed, click Back and make the needed changes.
- If no changes are needed, click Finish to synchronize the Siebel integration object and the Siebel business object.