Siebel Field Service Guide > Dispatch Board > Process of Administering the Dispatch Board >
Changing the System Preference for the Dispatch Board
The Dispatch Board allows a dispatcher or customer service representative to drag and drop an activity from the Unscheduled Activities list to a block of time and employee on the Gantt chart. If the service region of the activity is different from the selected service region for the Gantt chart, then the following settings for the FSDB:Override Service Region system preference determine the result:
- If the value of the system preference is TRUE, then the dispatcher can drop the activity on the Gantt chart, and the service region for the activity is automatically changed to the selected service region for the Gantt chart.
- If the value of the system preference is FALSE, then the dispatcher cannot drop the activity on the Gantt chart, and an error is returned.
This task is a step in Process of Administering the Dispatch Board.
To changing the system preference for the Dispatch Board
- Navigate to the Administration - Application screen, then the System Preferences view.
- Select the FSDB:Override Service Region system preference.
- In the System Preference Value field, enter TRUE or FALSE.
- To implement changes to system preferences, restart the Field Service server.