Siebel Finance Guide > Business Services for Siebel Financial Services > Requirements Manager >
About Requirements Manager
The Requirements Manager is a business service that automatically generates activities, customer submissions, and workflows required at predetermined steps in the business process.
For example, a loan applicant might be required to submit proof of employment, account statements, and other documents. The Requirements Manager allows a business analyst to specify conditions under which certain documents would be required in order to move the application process forward. The business service is invoked at a predetermined point during the application process to generate the appropriate follow-up activities for customer submissions.
The Requirements Manager can be applied to a wide variety of usage scenarios including service processes such as the auto-creation of a fund transfer service request. Some examples of Requirements Manager scenarios are:
- Life Insurance. A life insurance policy might require a trailing document (a physical exam), an activity (such as an interview with an underwriter), and several forms to complete. If the product type = life insurance for instance, this set of requirements might be selected. However, an exclusion rule might be present to eliminate the need for the underwriter interview if the policy was for less than $100,000.
- Mortgage Application. A mortgage application might require several documents, several disclosures, two annual tax returns (documents), an appraisal (activities), and a credit check (workflows) to complete. This set of requirements might be run for every mortgage, but there might be an exclusion rule such that if the loan-to-value is less than 50%, the tax returns are not required.
The Closing Requirement view is preconfigured in the Applications and Life & Annuities screens. You can use this to view the output of the Requirement Manager business service, for requirement templates defined on the FINS Application, and FINS Life Policy business objects respectively.
Key Features of Requirements Manager
The Requirements Manager business service provides the following key features:
- Define multiple requirement templates that supports version control
- Provide support for conditional expression in each requirement template
- Define record templates that can insert records into any Siebel business object and component
- Invoke predefined workflows automatically to support the processes
About Invoking Requirements Manager
Requirement Manager is invoked the same as any other business service; through a workflow, run-time event, or script. At the time of execution, the service evaluates the various templates from which to execute, and executes each requirement where the exclusion rule evaluates to false.