Siebel Fundamentals > Working with Records >
Adding Notes to Records
When you are working with records, you will often find that you need to make notes. You can add a note to a record in the Notes view.
In the Notes view, you can enter public notes or private notes. Use the link bar in the Notes view to switch between public and private notes. A public note can be seen by anyone who has access to the record. A private note can be seen only by the person who enters the note.
The Notes view is not available in all screens. It appears only where it would be logical to keep notes for individual records, for instance in the Accounts, Contacts, and Opportunities screens.
To add a note to a record
- Find and drill down on the record to which you want to add a note.
- Click the Notes view tab and on the link bar, click Private Notes or Public Notes depending on the kind of note you want to add.
- Click New.
A blank record appears.
- From the Type drop-down list, choose Note.
- In the Description field, type the note.
- Use the Check Spelling button to make sure your note has no spelling errors.