Siebel Global Deployment Guide > Localizing Global Deployments >
Localizing an Unshipped Language
This topic describes how to localize an unshipped language.
NOTE: In general, you perform the localization tasks described here before you perform other localization tasks described in this chapter. After performing the tasks described here, review your remaining localization needs for all of the files or data associated with an unshipped language.
See also About the Localization Process and Localizing Lists of Values and Multilingual Lists of Values.
NOTE: The process of localizing an unshipped language is considered to be customer configuration. Therefore, such configuration changes are not upgraded as part of the upgrade process described in Siebel Database Upgrade Guide.
Process of Localizing an Unshipped Language
To localize an unshipped language in your Siebel application, perform the following tasks:
- Creating Language and Locale Records
- Creating List of Values Records for an Unshipped Language
- Creating New Language Subdirectories
- Creating Application Object Manager Components
- Creating Virtual Directories on the Web Server
- Updating the eapps.cfg File on the SWSE
- Configuring Mobile Web Clients
- Testing an Unshipped Language
- Completing Localization for an Unshipped Language