Siebel Store-and-Forward Messaging Guide for Handheld > Siebel Store-and-Forward Messaging Sample Workflows >
SMQ Outbound Activity to one recipient
As seen in Figure 6, the SMQ Outbound Activity to one recipient workflow is based on the Action business object, and is an outbound workflow defined for a mobile service technician. The workflow generates a server outbound data message containing the information about a dispatched activity, formats the message, sends the message to a server outbound queue, and updates the message history table.
Figure 6. SMQ Outbound Activity to one recipient Workflow
The main process properties include Application Name, Message Object Name, and Message Recipient. The Application Name and Message Object Name must be defined in the Administration- Store-and-Forward > Store-and-Forward Applications view.
This workflow contains the following steps:
- Create Message History: This step creates a message history record in the message history table and sets the message status to Pending.
- Calculate Delay: The workflow may be put to sleep if a Start to Send parameter is specified in the Store-and-Forward Timeout Administration view.
For information about the Start to Send parameter, see Configuring Data Message Timeout Parameters for Store-and-Forward Messaging.
- Generate Data Message: This step takes the message object ID as well as the related business object name and extracts the related data to construct a server outbound data message.
- Format Message: This step takes the data extracted and formats it to a well-formed XML document.
- Send Message: This step sends the XML document into the user's server outbound queue.
- Calculate SMS Delay: If a Message Available Notification time is being specified in the Store-and-Forward Message Timeout View, this step calculates the sleep time.
- Wait till time to send SMS: This step waits until the send time for the SMS message to the mobile device.
- Run Workflow for Client Notify: The ProcessName input argument specifies the workflow that notifies the client device. It is set to SMQ SMS Outbound to one recipient as an example to send an SMS message to the client device.
- Wait for delivery ack: This step waits for an ACK (Acknowledgement) message from the MQe queuing system, which indicates that the message reached the targeted handheld device (message state changed to Received).
- Check Message Status: This step checks the message status. If the status of the message has been changed to Client-Received, the message has arrived at the client side.
- Dispatch Failure: If the status of the message is something else besides Client-Received, this step sets the status of the activity record to Dispatch Failure.