Siebel Store-and-Forward Messaging Guide for Handheld > Siebel Store-and-Forward Messaging Sample Workflows >
SMQ SMS Outbound to one recipient
This is an outbound workflow for a service technician. This workflow is invoked by the Run Workflow for Client Notify step of the SMQ Outbound Activity to one recipient workflow. It generates a SMS message to notify the client that there is a Store-and-Forward Message awaiting transmission in the SMQ Server. This alerts the technician to set her mobile device to retrieve the message from the server. The workflow is shown in Figure 9.
Figure 9. SMQ SMS Outbound to one recipient Workflow
The main process properties include Message Status, Recipient, and SMS Message Body. The workflow contains the following steps:
- Check Message Status: Checks the status of the message in the Store-and-Forward Message History View.
- If the status is Client-Received, the message has already arrived at the client. In this case, the workflow does not generate a notification message.
- If the status is not Client-Received, the workflow generates an SMS message to notify the client.
- Notify Client: Sends the SMS message to the client.
- Wait for rest delivery ack: Waits for an acknowledgement from the queuing system to indicate whether the message has reached the mobile device.