Siebel Hospitality Guide > Setting Up Function Spaces, Sleeping Rooms, and Suites > Process of Setting Up Function Spaces >
Creating Configured Specific Spaces
A configured space is a grouping of indivisible space components. Examples are ballrooms, banquet rooms, and large salons. The components of a configured space must be physically contiguous, sharing at least one wall.
Before you can create configured space, you must create indivisible spaces as described in Creating Indivisible Specific Spaces.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Function Spaces.
To create a configured specific space
- Navigate to the Property Administration screen, then the Properties view.
- In the Properties list, query for the required property.
- Click the link in the Property Name field, and then click the Specific Space view tab.
- In the Specific Space list, create a new record, and complete the fields as described in Creating Indivisible Specific Spaces.
- In the Components list, perform the following steps:
- Click New.
- In the Add Components dialog box, select an indivisible space.
- Click OK.
The specific space type remains Indivisible (the default), until you add components. After you add specific space components, the Type field value of the parent specific space record is automatically updated to Configured.
NOTE: You cannot associate a specific space with itself. Also, a specific space can only be added once to a configured space. When you add a specific space as a component of a configured space, it is no longer available for selection in the Add Components dialog box.
- Repeat Step 5 to select additional components to the configured space.
You must add at least two components for the space to be a configured space.