Implementing Siebel Business Applications on DB2 for z/OS > Importing the Repository and Performing Postinstallation Tasks >
Importing a New Language to Your Repository
This task is a step in the Process of Completing the Siebel Database Implementation.
After you successfully import your Siebel Repository in its base language, you can add additional languages to the repository. By adding a new language to your repository, you populate rows of localizable information, which allows Siebel Business Applications to better operate in the new language.
Regardless of how many Siebel Business Applications you are using (such as Siebel Sales, Siebel Service, Siebel Marketing), you perform this step only once for each language you want to import.
NOTE: You can only add an additional language to your repository if it has already been deployed and added to your database. For further information on deploying additional languages, see Siebel Installation Guide for the operating system you are using. For information on adding an additional language to your database, see Installing Multilingual Seed Data.
To import a repository in a secondary language
- After installing multilingual seed data as described in Installing Multilingual Seed Data, launch the Database Configuration Wizard.
- Follow the steps in Importing the Siebel Repository to Step 3 (Select Repository Operation).
- Select the Add Language to an existing Repository option and click Next.
- In the Language Selection screen, select the new repository language you are adding, and click Next.
- On the ODBC Data Source Name screen, enter the name of the ODBC data source, or enter the database alias you prefer to use for the data source. If you specify a database alias, the alias must have been previously registered within DB2 Connect.
The Siebel Server installation process automatically creates the data source, using the syntax EnterpriseName_DSN.
To continue, click Next.
- In the Siebel Database User Name screen, enter the database user name, then click Next.
The Database User Name is the ID used to log into the Siebel database. This user ID must be part of the security group with authorization to set the current SQLID to the schema name.
- In the Siebel Database Password screen, enter the password associated with the database user name. Reenter the password to confirm it, then click Next.
- On the Siebel Schema Qualifier screen, enter the ID that identifies the Siebel Schema owner, for example, SIEBTO, and click Next.
- On the Import Repository Name screen, enter the designated name for this Siebel Repository or accept the default.
- Enter the localized Repository file name.
If you are importing a secondary language repository on top of your base-language repository, either accept the default installation path and file name for this repository or type another valid installation path.
- On the Log Output Directory screen, specify where you want log files to be generated, then click Next.
By default, the files are created in
\log\imprep_lang (Windows) or
- Save the configuration information you have entered and launch the Siebel Upgrade wizard as described in the following topics:
- To begin, click OK.
A window appears, displaying information about installation activities. A message appears when the installation is completed.
To verify that the installation was successful, review the log files. When you import a repository with a new language, it creates the following log files:
- Click Exit to exit the Database Configuration Utility.