Siebel Order Management Guide Addendum for Communications > Creating Communications Promotion Groups > Process of Setting Up Promotion Groups (Administrators) >
Deactivating a Promotion Group Definition
You can deactivate a promotion group definition by creating and releasing an inactive version that starts when you want the promotion group definition to become inactive.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Promotion Groups (Administrators).
To deactivate a promotion group definition
- Navigate to the Administration - Product screen, then the Promotion Groups view.
- In the Promotion Group Definitions list, select the promotion group definition that you want to deactivate.
- Click the Versions view tab.
- In the Versions list, select and lock the Work Space record, and complete the following steps:
- Clear the Active check box.
- In the Start Date field, enter the date on which you want this promotion group definition to be deactivated.
- Click Release New Version.
Your Siebel application performs the following actions:
- Adds an inactive version record with the Start Date value you entered in the Work Space version.
- Sets the End Date of the active version record to the Start Date value of the inactive version record.
- From the Versions form menu, select Refresh Cache.