Siebel Partner Relationship Management Administration Guide > Working with Partner Programs > Process of Setting Up Partner Programs >
Setting Up Partner Program Tier Groups
A program tier group is a group of programs that are related, usually in a tier structure. An example of a tier group is a program that has three status groups, a Silver group, a Gold group and a Platinum group.
A partner who is currently in the Silver group, for example, can upgrade to the Gold group. Note that PRM enforces that the partner can only be a member of one group at a time. For example, once a partner upgrades to Gold, that partner cannot still be in the Silver group.
NOTE: Partner tier groups are not related to the Partner Tier multi-value field on the Partner Profile view.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Partner Programs.
To set up program tier group
- Navigate to Partner Programs screen, then the Program Tier Groups view.
- In the Program Tier Groups list, add a new record and complete the necessary fields.
The tiers you defined are available in Program Design, More Info view.
Use the following procedure to associate a program tier group with partner programs.
To associate a program tier group with partner programs
- Navigate to the Partner Programs screen, then the Program Design view.
- Drill down on the name of a partner program.
- Make sure the Status field is set to pending, so you can make changes in the program.
- In the More Info form, in the Program Tier Group field, select the program tier group.