Siebel Partner Relationship Management Administration Guide > Working with Partner Programs > Partner Program Administration >
Performing Mass Updates of Partner Programs
Brand owners can add or remove lists of partners to or from partner programs. The Mass Update functionality is a means to create a partner list to add or remove program members. This task can be performed manually or can be set up in Oracle Business Intelligence.
There is a user property called MassUpdateLimit on the PPR Partner Program Partner business component (buscomp).The default value of this parameter is 500. The value in this user property determines the maximum number of records that can be processed at one time. This user property only applies to mass updates, and not to eligibility administration for partner programs. For more information about buscomps and user properties, see Siebel Developer's Reference.
You can create a mass update list for a partner program by entering data manually or using Oracle Business Intelligence. It is recommended that you use the Oracle Business Intelligence Data Load process when you need to import many partner record based on many criteria. For information on setting up Oracle Business Intelligence Data Load process, see Using Oracle Business Intelligence Data Load.
Creating a Mass Update List Manually
Use the following procedure to create a mass update list manually.
To create a mass update list manually
- Navigate to Partner Programs screen, then the Membership Administration view and drill down on the program.
- Click the Mass Update tab.
- In the Mass Update list:
- Click Add and select the records you want to add.
- Click Delete to delete the partner from the Mass Update list.
- Optionally, you can use the Add List button to import a list of partners that must be defined in a list on the List Management, Partner List.
Creating a Mass Update Using Oracle Business Intelligence Data Load
Use the following procedure to set up a mass update using Oracle Business Intelligence Data Load.
To create a mass update list using an Oracle Business Intelligence report (brand owner)
- Navigate to Partner Program screen, then the Membership Administration view and drill down on the program.
- Select the Mass Update Data Load record that appears in the Eligibility Administration list, then click on the Location field, and then select an Analytics report from the picklist.
- Click Activate and scroll down to the Load History list.
- As the Oracle Business Intelligence Data Load task runs, click Refresh to update the status value and select an Analytics report from the picklist.
For the procedure for scheduling a Mass Update data load, see Creating a Refresh Schedule.
Executing a Mass Update List
Use the following procedure to execute a Mass Update list.
To execute a mass update list
- Navigate to Partner Programs screen, Membership Administration, and then Mass Update view.
- Select a partner record or multiple records.
NOTE: The following processes are background processes; you can continue to use the PRM application while the mass update is executing.
- To add this partner as a member to the program, click Add as Members.
- To remove this partner from the program, click Remove from Program.
The record is not physically deleted, but its Membership Status field is changed to Terminated.
NOTE: When you add a partner as a member to the program, the partner is also added to the access group that was automatically created when the program was created.
- Click the Membership tab to view the status of each partner.