Siebel Partner Relationship Management Administration Guide > Using Market Development Funds >
Process of Working with a Market Development Fund
To work with an MDF, perform the following tasks:
- Making Market Development Funds Visible to Partners. You must configure the Siebel Business Application to make the fund visible in the partner portal.
- Creating Market Development Funds. When you create a fund, you specify how much funding it has and which partners participate in it.
- Setting Up Fund Approval Authorization. You must authorize your employees to approve fund requests. Employees have a fund request approval limit. If a request is greater than an employee's limit, that employee routes it to other employees for further review.
- Changing the Partner Manager Field. Optionally, you can change the Partner Manager field to change the routing of fund requests for approval.
- Initiating a Fund Request. After a fund has been created, employees of the partner company or from the brand owner company can request funding on behalf of partners who participate in the fund.
- Adding Attachments, Activities, and Activity Plans to MDF Requests. It can be useful to add attachments, activities, and activity plans to an MDF request.
- Reviewing a Fund Request. Your company must approve or reject funding requests. Optionally, you can use Siebel Business Process Designer to inform people by email when they must review a request or provide more information.
- Viewing a Fund's Checkbook. The MDF checkbook lets you track the amount of credits, debits, and total funds available in a fund.