Siebel Performance Tuning Guide > Tuning Siebel Application Object Manager > Guidelines for Siebel Application Object Manager Tuning >
Additional Parameters Affecting Siebel Application Object Manager Performance
This topic is part of Guidelines for Siebel Application Object Manager Tuning. It provides guidelines for setting additional parameters that affect Siebel Application Object Manager performance.
- MemProtection. Setting the MemProtection parameter to FALSE for your Siebel Application Object Manager component might improve performance.
When this parameter is TRUE (the default), each transaction issues a large number of serialized mprotect statements, the total effect of which can degrade performance on your Siebel Server computers.
The MemProtection parameter is hidden. Click Hidden in the Component Parameters view tab to display it. Alternatively, you can set it using the command-line version of the Siebel Server Manager, as shown:
change param MemProtection=False for comp component_alias_name server siebel_server_name
- component_alias_name is the alias name of the Siebel Application Object Manager component you are configuring, such as SCCObjMgr_deu for the German version of Call Center Object Manager.
- siebel_server_name is the name of the Siebel Server for which you are configuring the component.
In addition to improving performance, you can also improve scalability if you set the MemProtection parameter to FALSE.
NOTE: Support for setting MemProtection to FALSE is restricted to the AIX and HP-UX platforms.
- DSMaxFetchArraySize. This is a named subsystem parameter that controls the maximum number of records that can be returned by a business component in ForwardBackward mode. It does not restrict the number of records returned for ForwardOnly cursors. By default, DSMaxFetchArraySize has a value of 0. When this parameter is set to 0, the Siebel Application Object Manager initializes the parameter to 10,000. This means that a maximum of 10,000 records can be returned by a business component in ForwardBackward mode.
- DSPreFetchSize and DSMaxCursorSize. Set these parameters only for Siebel implementations on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390. For more information on setting these parameters, see Implementing Siebel Business Applications on DB2 for z/OS.
For all other databases, these parameters must be set to -1.
- EnableCDA. This parameter must be set to FALSE for the Siebel Application Object Manager component.