Siebel Product Administration Guide > Basic Product Administration >
Creating Product Entitlements
Entitlements refer to the services that come with a product. They are created on the Product Entitlements page under Product Administration.
When you create a product entitlement, you can designate the entitlement as applicable to "Agree Line Item Products" and/or "Entitlement Template Products." These are for Field Service use. For more information, see Siebel Field Service Guide.
Entitlement templates are used for different purposes in the Administration - Product screen and in the Administration - Service screen:
- Administration - Product screen. If you associate product with an entitlement template in the Administration - Product screen, as described in the following procedure, any customer who buys that product will automatically have those entitlements.
- Administration - Service screen. If you associate product with an entitlement template in the Service Administration, Entitlement Templates, and then the Products view, you indicate that this product is covered by the entitlement. When this entitlement template is used in a contract, the contract will automatically cover all the products listed under the entitlement templates.
To create product entitlements
- Navigate to the Administration - Product screen, then the Products view.
- In the Products list, select the product for which to create entitlements.
- Click the Service Information view tab.
- In the Service Information view link bar, click Entitlements.
- In the Entitlements list, add a new record.
- Click the select button in the Name field and select an Entitlement template from the Entitlement Templates dialog box.
The entitlement template record is added to the Product Entitlements list.
- Click in the Agree Line Item or Entitlement Template Products field to set these features.
A check mark appears to indicate these features are set.