Siebel Project and Resource Management Administration Guide > Project Management > End-User Procedures for Project Management >
Associating Skills and Competencies with Team Workbook Roles
After adding a role to the Team Workbook, end users will want to associate skills and competencies with that role. These skills will be forwarded to the Resource Manager. This is also an good way to assign people and populate their positions through the Team Workbook. For more information about setting up skills, see Siebel Assignment Manager Administration Guide.
To add skills and competencies
- Navigate to the Projects screen.
- From the visibility filter, select the appropriate view.
- Drill down on the Name field hyperlink for a selected project record with which the Team Workbook will be associated.
- Click the Team Workbook view tab.
- In the Team Workbook list, select the role to which the skills will be added.
- In the Skills subview list, create a new record.
- In the new record, select a skill from the Skill drop-down list.
- In the Competencies subview list, create a new record.
- In the new record, enter the appropriate information.
NOTE: The fields available are specific to the skill selected in the Skills list.
The following table describes the Importance field.
Determine how important is it that the person filling this role has this skill. Default choices are Critical, Important, and Nice to Have.
NOTE: Repeat Step 5 through Step 7 for each new skill. Repeat Step 8 through Step 9 for each new competency.