Siebel Server Sync Guide > Administering Siebel Server Sync for Microsoft Exchange Server > Process of Configuring Siebel and PIM Domain Characteristics >
Setting Required PIM Domain Fields and Defaults
You can set which PIM domain fields require a value, and must specify a default value for each required field.
When the user creates a new contact, appointment, employee, or to do record in Siebel Business Applications, SSSE synchronizes the record with the Exchange Server only if either the administrator has specified a default value to use when the field is empty, or if the Siebel record includes values to synchronize with all Microsoft Exchange fields that require them.
NOTE: In any individual Microsoft Exchange record, the user can change the value of the field from the default value to another value, but only an administrator can choose a different value to be assigned as a default.
This task is a step in Process of Configuring Siebel and PIM Domain Characteristics.
The following procedure describes how to specify that a PIM field requires a value, and how to provide a default value for that field.
To set required PIM domain fields and defaults
- Navigate to the Administration - PIM Server Integration screen, then the PIM Domains view.
- In the PIM Domains list, select the domain for which you want to set required fields.
- In the PIM Domain Fields list, select the field you want to make required.
- Select the Required check box.
NOTE: If Required field is not visible, to make it visible click Menu and choose Columns Displayed.
- In the Default Value field, enter the value you want to use as the default value.
If the Default Value field contains the value Not Set, then the user must enter a string value; no default value is established.