Siebel Search Administration Guide > Setting Up Siebel Search with Oracle Secure Enterprise Search > Process of Setting Up the Database Source and Connector >
Creating a Source Group for the Database Connector
The Oracle Secure Enterprise Search Database source must be assigned to an Oracle Secure Enterprise Search source group. The Oracle Secure Enterprise Search source group name must correspond to the source name and the Siebel connector library name. This task is executed in the Oracle Secure Enterprise Search Administration application.
This task is a step in the Process of Setting Up the Database Source and Connector.
To create a source group for the Database Connector
- Navigate to the Search screen, and then the Source Groups view.
- Click Create.
- Enter Database as the name of the Source Group.
- Click Proceed to Step 2.
- Select Database from the Select Source Type menu.
- Click Go.
- Select Database from the Available Sources list, and click the right arrow button to add it to Assigned Sources.
- Click Finish.
- Start the Oracle Secure Enterprise Search application, and verify that Database appears as a searchable source on the Search home page.