Siebel E-Commerce Administration Guide > Using Siebel E-Commerce > Tasks for Looking Up Products, Assets, and Orders >
An asset is a specific instance of a product that is owned by you or your company. An individual asset is often identified by a unique code called a serial number.
As a Siebel Self-Service Applications user, you might need to look up information about your assets to help you find a knowledge base article, or to assist you in placing a product order. If you are a B2C user, you can see the assets that you own. If you are a B2B user, then depending on your responsibilities and permissions, you might be able to see only those assets that you control, your team's assets, or your entire company's assets.
To find and view an asset in Siebel Self-Service Applications, follow this procedure.
This task is part of Tasks for Looking Up Products, Assets, and Orders.
To view your assets
- Do one of the following:
- Navigate to Products, My Products, and then Asset List.
- Navigate to My Accounts, Overview. In the My Products panel, click the See All Products link.
- In the Asset List panel, identify the asset whose details you want to view, and do one of the following to see its details:
- Click its Asset ID hyperlink.
- Select the option, and select the Asset Details tab.
The Asset Details page shows detailed descriptive information for the selected asset, which might include a picture of the product. Some fields are described in the following table:
Code that identifies this product in the deploying company's database.
Serial number of this specific asset.
The Asset Info tab near the bottom of the panel shows the bill-to information for the asset.
- (Optional) On the Asset Details panel, you can do the following:
- To display a larger picture of the product in a separate window, click its View Large Image link.
- To hide bill-to information, click the minus sign (-) next to Bill To Details. To show it again, click the plus sign (+) next to Show.
- If other actions are allowed in relation to this asset, select one from the Actions drop-down list.
Additional entry fields appear on the page.
- To see descriptive information for the other assets in your list, click First, Previous, Next, or Last.
- To see additional details for the current asset, select the Configuration Details tab near the bottom of the Asset Details panel.
The Configuration Details list shows the components of this asset and their pricing information.
- To see the configuration details for the other assets in your list, click First, Previous, Next, or Last.