Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Cloning a Siebel Installation > Process of Cloning a Siebel Installation >
Creating a Clone on a Source Computer
Use the following procedure to create a clone on a source computer. After you create a clone, you deploy the clone on a target computer. This task is part of Process of Cloning a Siebel Installation.
To create a clone on a source computer
- Determine your goals for the cloning operation that you are performing.
- Log on to the server computer on which you will create the clone.
- Open a shell window.
- Copy the Siebel cloning utility and all of the relevant files to the target computer.
- Copy one of the existing properties files, and edit the copy appropriately for your operation to create a clone. Use a properties file that is similar to one of the following:
- Enter a command like the following to run the Siebel cloning utility:
- properties_file is the name of the properties file that you prepared for this operation.
jre_location is the full path of the installed Java Runtime Environment (JRE) software. On AIX, you must use the -jreLoc option. It is not required on other operating systems. For more information about the JRE requirements for AIX, see Requirements Specific to UNIX or Linux Operating Systems.
inventory_location is the full path of the oraInst.loc file (for example,
/export/home/oraInst.loc), which points to the Oracle Universal Installer inventory location. Use the
-invPtrLoc option if you want to specify an inventory pointer file other than the default.
- When the operation is complete, validate the creation of the snapshot file in the specified location. Also review the command output to confirm that the operation completed successfully without any errors.