Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Installing and Configuring Siebel Management Agents and Siebel Management Server > Process of Installing Siebel Management Server >
Installing Siebel Management Server as a New Installation
Use the following procedure to install Siebel Management Server as a new installation for version 8.1.1 or version 8.2.2.
NOTE: Use this procedure only when Siebel Management Server is not already installed. After performing this procedure, you must follow the steps in Installing Siebel Management Server as a Patch Installation to install the current release.
This topic is part of Process of Installing Siebel Management Server.
To install Siebel Management Server as a new installation
- Review Requirements for Installing and Configuring Siebel Management Agents and Siebel Management Server.
- Log on to the Microsoft Windows server computer where you want to install Siebel Management Server.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the Siebel image location for version 8.1.1 or version 8.2.2. Then navigate to the directory where the installer is located. Navigate to
In this path, Siebel_Image is the directory for your Siebel network image, such as:
- (Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012) Before you run the installer executable program (setup.exe) for Siebel Management Server for the first time, set the compatibility mode to Windows Server 2003 (service pack 1).
Do this on each applicable computer where you install Siebel Management Server. For more information about setting the compatibility mode, see Microsoft documentation.
- Double-click setup.exe to start the Siebel Management Server installer for version 8.1.1 or 8.2.2.
The Siebel Management Server installer displays the Welcome screen.
- Click Next to proceed.
A screen appears that asks you to specify the location where you install Siebel Management Server.
- Accept the default directory location proposed by the installer, or enter an alternative directory to install Siebel Management Server, and then click Next.
The default installation directory is
NOTE: The installation directory location must not contain spaces; underscores are allowed.
The installer displays the location into which it will install the Siebel Management Server, and displays the disk space required for the installation.
- Review the information, and take the appropriate action:
- Click Finish to close the installer wizard.
- After installation is complete, review the installer log file to make sure that no errors occurred during the installation.
The installer writes output to a log file, log.txt, which is stored in the Siebel Management Server installation directory.
For information about configuring Siebel Management Server after installing it, see Process of Configuring Siebel Management Agents and Siebel Management Server.