Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Installing Siebel Enterprise Server Components and the Siebel Web Server Extension > Installing Siebel Enterprise Server >
Installing Siebel Enterprise Server as a Migration Installation
Use the following procedure to install Siebel Enterprise Server as a migration installation for version 22.214.171.124 or version 126.96.36.199 (for a patch installation case).
NOTE: Use this procedure only when an earlier version of Siebel Enterprise Server is already installed. Otherwise, you must follow the steps in Installing Siebel Enterprise Server as a New Installation instead.
During a migration installation, the original Siebel Enterprise Server installation directory is renamed from
_pre188.8.131.52.0. For example, if the original directory name was
ses, then this directory is renamed to
ses_pre184.108.40.206.0. The new Siebel Enterprise Server installation directory is named
OriginalName, such as
ses. Retain the original directory, in case you choose to perform a rollback uninstallation later. For more information, see Rolling Back the Siebel Enterprise Server.
This topic is part of Installing Siebel Enterprise Server.
This task is a step in Roadmap for Installing Siebel Business Applications for an Existing Installation.
To install Siebel Enterprise Server as a migration installation
- Review About Installing Siebel Business Applications.
For example, if you are installing a Siebel Server that will communicate with an existing installation of Siebel Gateway Name Server on another computer, then make sure that the Siebel Gateway Name Server is running on that computer.
- (Optional) Shut down the Siebel Business Applications modules to be updated on this computer.
For example, stop the services for the Siebel Gateway Name Server, Siebel Server, Siebel Management Agent, and Oracle Configuration Manager. Also shut down any running instances of the Siebel Server Manager (srvrmgr). If you do not shut down the Siebel Gateway Name Server, Siebel Server, and Oracle Configuration Manager modules, then the installer shuts them down.
- (AIX only) Verify that the login ID performing installation has permission to run
slibclean by asking the administrator to change the permission as follows:
chmod 6555 /usr/sbin/slibclean
- (AIX only) Execute the following command:
- Log on to the server, using the Siebel service owner account that you recorded in the copy that you made earlier of the worksheet in Siebel Deployment Planning Worksheet.
- Open a new shell, and navigate to the Siebel image location for the current release. Then navigate to the directory where the installer is located. For example, for Oracle Solaris, navigate to
In this path, Siebel_Image is the directory for your version-specific Siebel network image, such as
- Verify the permissions to the directory into which you will install the Siebel Enterprise Server. You must have write and execute permission.
- To start the Siebel Enterprise Server installer, enter the following command:
jre_location is the full path of the installed Java Runtime Environment (JRE) software. On AIX, you must use the -jreLoc option. It is not required on other operating systems. For more information about the JRE requirements for AIX, see Requirements Specific to UNIX or Linux Operating Systems.
inventory_location is the full path of the oraInst.loc file (for example,
/export/home/oraInst.loc), which points to the OUI inventory location. Use the -invPtrLoc option if you want to specify an inventory pointer file other than the default.
Optionally, for an unattended installation, you can append the flags described in Installing Siebel Enterprise Server Components and Siebel Web Server Extension in Unattended Mode.
The Siebel Enterprise Server installer displays the Welcome screen.
- Click Next.
The Oracle Configuration Manager screen appears, which prompts for email contact information.
- Enter your My Oracle Support credentials and click Next.
Oracle Configuration Manager software is installed on the target computer. For more information, see About Oracle Configuration Manager.
The Select Installation Task screen appears. The New Installation task is selected by default.
- To perform a migration installation of the Siebel Enterprise Server software where an existing prior installation of version 8.1.1.x or 8.2.2.x is present, choose Migration Installation, and click Next.
The Installation Migration Details screen appears.
- Confirm or select the name and location of your existing installation, and then click Next. Note the following:
- Confirm the existing installation name, or select it from the drop-down list.
- Confirm the existing installation location, or select it from the drop-down list.
For more information about Oracle home and installation path requirements, see File and Directory Naming Conventions.
The Summary screen appears. This screen displays the location into which it will install the Siebel Enterprise Server.
- Review the information in the Summary screen. Before you proceed, confirm that you have met all of the installation requirements, such as for disk space. Then do one of the following:
- When the Next button becomes available, the installation is complete. Click Next.
The Finish Installation screen appears. This screen indicates whether the installation was successful and shows the location of the main installer log file. You can access this file to review the installation results. This screen also shows the new location of the original installation, which the installer moved before it performed the new installation.
- Review the report that is generated about any conflicts between your customized files and the files that are delivered by the Siebel Enterprise Server installer. As needed, copy any of your customized files from the original installation to the new migrated installation.
Conflicts are identified in the file overwrittenfiles_timestamp.log, which is created in the
/cfgtoollogs/oui directory (in the new Siebel Enterprise Server installation).
- To close the installer, click Close.
The Siebel Enterprise Server installation is now finished.
After the migration process is complete, then the installer starts the services for the Siebel Gateway Name Server, Siebel Server, and Oracle Configuration Manager. Note that the software that runs is part of the new installation you are migrating to, not part of the original installation.
- Start the service for the Siebel Management Agent, if it is needed.
- After installing the Siebel Enterprise Server software: