Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Installing Siebel Web Clients and Siebel Tools > Process of Installing Siebel Tools >
Installing Siebel Tools as a Patch Installation
Use the following procedure to install Siebel Tools as a patch installation of the current release, Siebel CRM version 18.104.22.168 or version 22.214.171.124. You install the software as a patch release on top of an existing installation of Siebel CRM version 8.1.1 or 8.1.1.x, or Siebel CRM version 8.2.2 or 8.2.2.x.
NOTE: Use this procedure only when an earlier version of Siebel Tools is already installed. Otherwise, you must follow the steps in Installing Siebel Tools as a New Installation before you can perform this procedure.
This topic is part of Process of Installing Siebel Tools.
To install Siebel Tools as a patch installation
- Exit any Siebel software on the Siebel Tools Client computer where you are installing the current release.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the Siebel image location for the current release, and then to the directory where the installer is located. Navigate to
In this path, Siebel_Image is the directory for your version-specific Siebel installation image, such as
- Double-click setup.bat to start the Siebel Tools Client installer for Siebel CRM version 8.1.1.x or version 8.2.2.x.
- In the Select Oracle Home and Oracle Location screen, select an instance of Siebel CRM version 8.1.1 or 8.1.1.x or Siebel CRM version 8.2.2 or 8.2.2.x to patch, from the list of detected Siebel installations, and then click Next.
- In the Installation Details and Progress screen, click Install to complete the installation of Siebel CRM version 8.1.1.x or version 8.2.2.x.
- When the installer indicates that the software was successfully installed, click Exit.
NOTE: The computer might require a restart at the end of the installation.
- After installing the Siebel Tools software for the current release (Siebel CRM version 126.96.36.199 or version 188.8.131.52):
- Repeat Step 1 through Step 7 on each computer with an applicable Siebel Tools installation to be patched.