Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Installing Siebel Web Clients and Siebel Tools > Process of Installing Siebel Tools >
Installing Siebel Tools as a New Installation
Use the following procedure to install Siebel Tools as a new installation for version 8.1.1 or version 8.2.2.
NOTE: Use this procedure only when Siebel Tools is not already installed. After performing this procedure, you must follow the steps in Installing Siebel Tools as a Patch Installation to install the current release.
This topic is part of Process of Installing the Siebel Web Client.
To install Siebel Tools as a new installation
- Review Requirements for Installing Siebel Tools.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the Siebel image location for version 8.1.1 or version 8.2.2. Then navigate to the directory where the installer is located. Navigate to
In this path, Siebel_Image is the directory for your version-specific Siebel network image, such as
- Start the Siebel Tools installer for version 8.1.1 or version 8.2.2, as follows:
- Take the action appropriate to the task that you are performing. Do one of the following:
- To perform a new installation or to add a Siebel language pack to an existing installation, click Next. The Specify Home Details screen appears. Go to the next step.
- To uninstall an installed instance of the software, click Deinstall Products. This task is described in Uninstalling Siebel Web Clients.
- In the Specify Home Details screen, enter a name for your installation, and specify the installation location, and then click Next. (Note the installation name and location for future reference.) If you are adding a Siebel language pack, then specify the name and path for your existing installation. Note the following:
- The default installation name is Tools1 or a similar value. The value that you specify is used as the program group name for the Siebel Tools shortcut. (A separate program group is created for the Oracle Universal Installer software.) If you have an existing installation, then specify a new name for a new installation.
- The default installation path is
C:\siebel\220.127.116.11.0\Tools_1 or a similar value. Accept the default path, or specify a different location by typing it directly or by clicking Browse.
For more information about Oracle home and installation path requirements, see File and Directory Naming Conventions.
(For Siebel CRM version 8.2.2 only) A screen appears that prompts for email contact information.
- (For Siebel CRM version 8.2.2 only) When prompted for the email address and password corresponding to your My Oracle Support account, click Next. (This information is not used in this context.)
The Product-Specific Prerequisite Checks screen appears.
The installer program performs a validation check to make sure that the installation requirements are met. If they are not, then a prompt appears, stating which requirements are not met. Exit the installer, satisfy the requirements, and restart the installation process.
- If one or more installation requirements have not been met, then correct any missing requirements. (You might have to exit the installer, satisfy the requirements, and restart the installation process.) When you are ready to proceed, click Next.
The Select Languages screen appears.
- Select the languages that you want to install, and click Next. You must select at least one language in order to proceed.
If you are adding languages to an existing installation, then any previously installed languages are unavailable for selection. Do one of the following:
- In the Siebel Database Server screen, select the type of database server that you are using for Siebel Business Applications. Choose one of the following, and click Next:
- Oracle Database Server
- IBM DB2 UDB for Windows and UNIX
- IBM DB2 UDB for z/OS
- In the Database Identification screen, enter the following information, and click Next. Specify information for the database that you specified in the Siebel Database Server screen in Step 9:
- In the File System Server Information screen, specify the directory path for a network-based Siebel File System by typing it directly or by clicking Browse. Then click Next.
NOTE: For the Siebel File System path, you can use a UNC share name (for example,
\\SRV1\siebfile) or a mapped drive (for example,
K:\siebelFS). For more information, see File and Directory Naming Conventions. See also Creating the Siebel File System.
- In the Remote Server Information screen, specify the name of the Siebel Server on which you are running Siebel Remote Server components. Then click Next.
Siebel Remote Server components are required for initializing and synchronizing the local database on the Siebel Tools computer.
- In the Enterprise Server Information screen, specify the address of the Siebel Gateway Name Server and the name of the Siebel Enterprise to which Siebel Tools will connect for administration. Then click Next.
The Gateway Name Server Address is the network name or the IP address of the computer on which the Siebel Gateway Name Server is installed. To enter a specific port number, append the Gateway Name Server Address string with a colon and the desired port number.
The Enterprise Server is the name of the Siebel Enterprise under which the Siebel Servers that support the server database were installed.
- Review the information in the Summary screen. In particular, confirm that you have met all of the disk space requirements for installation. Click Install to begin installing the Siebel Tools software.
Siebel Tools software is installed into the directory specified in Step 5.
- When all of the files have been installed, click Exit.
Siebel Tools installation is now finished. The Siebel Tools shortcut is created in the program folder specified in Step 5.
- Perform any postinstallation tasks.
For example, to verify successful installation, see Verifying Installation for Siebel Tools. Also install the current release, such as version 18.104.22.168 or version 22.214.171.124, as described in Installing Siebel Tools as a Patch Installation.