Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Uninstalling Siebel Business Applications > Uninstalling Siebel Enterprise Server or Siebel Web Server Extension >
Uninstalling the Siebel Web Server Extension
Use the following procedure to perform a full uninstallation of Siebel Web Server Extension (SWSE) software on a single computer. Uninstalling SWSE is similar to uninstalling the Siebel Enterprise Server.
NOTE: If you use the method described in this topic to perform a rollback uninstallation, then you do not remove configuration data first. Use this method only when it is appropriate, so that you do not perform a full uninstallation by mistake. See also Rolling Back the Siebel Web Server Extension.
This topic is part of Uninstalling Siebel Enterprise Server or Siebel Web Server Extension.
To uninstall the Siebel Web Server Extension
- Review all of the information in About Uninstalling Siebel Business Applications, particularly the requirements and limitations.
- Verify that you have performed any required tasks to uninstall other modules or remove configuration data.
NOTE: For example, before you uninstall an instance of Siebel Web Server Extension, you must perform the Configuration Wizard task to remove existing SWSE configuration data. For more information, see Process of Removing Configuration Data.
- Open a new shell.
- Navigate to the
- Start the Oracle Universal Installer software using the following command:
./runInstaller -deinstall -jreLoc
- Click Installed Products.
- In the Inventory dialog box, select the Oracle Home value (for example, EAPPWEB_HOME) representing the installed instance of Siebel Web Server Extension software that you want to uninstall.
- Click Remove.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to uninstall this Siebel Web Server Extension and all of its dependent components on the same computer.
The Siebel Web Server Extension software is uninstalled from this computer.
- In the Inventory dialog box, click Close.
- In the Oracle Universal Installer window, click Cancel.
- Restart your server.
Restoring a Web Server After Uninstalling the SWSE
After uninstalling your SWSE, you can restore your Web server by using the following procedure.
To restore your Web server
- Copy all of the backup configuration files, which were created during the installation and are referenced in the following example, to their original location under the Web server directory.
- AIX, HP-UX, and Linux
- Oracle Solaris
- (HP-UX only) Reset any existing LANG variable to the directory that the symbolic link represents. If the environment variable LANG is set to a directory name that is a symbolic link, then the uninstaller will fail.
NOTE: The LANG variable cannot be set to
univ.utf8. This setting causes the uninstaller to fail.
- Remove additional files that were created on the Web server as a result of installing the SWSE, particularly if you are uninstalling a previous version of SWSE.
For example, for IBM HTTP Server, you might have to remove the library file libmod_swe.so from the
modules subdirectory of the Web server installation directory. Otherwise, when you later install a more recent version of SWSE (such as the current version), the newer version of this file does not overwrite the existing file.