Siebel Smart Answer Guide > Installing and Administering Siebel Smart Answer >
Installing Siebel Smart Answer as a Windows Service
Running Siebel Smart Answer as a service eliminates the possibility of data corruption and allows the Siebel Smart Answer Server to run in the background without the need of a logged in user. As the final step of the installation process the Siebel Smart Answer Server(s) are installed as services.
Starting the Siebel Smart Answer Servers
Use the following procedure to start the Siebel Smart Answer servers.
To start the Siebel Smart Answer Servers
- Navigate to Administrative Tools - Services from the Start Menu or the Control Panel.
- Select the service Smart Answer Server - Master (or Alternate) service.
- Right-click on the entry for the selected service and select the Properties from the menu.
- Change the Startup Type to Automatic.
- Select Apply and then OK to close the Properties window.
- To start the service, go to the Status column, right-click, and select Start.