Siebel System Administration Guide > Configuring the Browser for Siebel Web Clients > Requirements for Deploying Siebel Applications Using High Interactivity >
Manually Enabling Settings for ActiveX Controls and Plug-ins
To enable full functionality related to ActiveX controls and plug-ins for Siebel Business Applications using high interactivity, specify the following settings.
If you enable the browser health check, then it verifies that you have enabled support for full functionality for the ActiveX controls and plug-ins. You cannot disable this health check, because a corresponding parameter is not available. For more information, see ActiveX Requirements for Using High Interactivity.
To specify ActiveX settings
- From the Internet Explorer Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Select the Web content zone that you want to customize (for example, Local Intranet or Trusted Sites).
- Click Custom Level.
- In Security Settings, under ActiveX controls and plug-ins, navigate to Download signed ActiveX controls, and select Enable or Prompt.
- In Security Settings, under ActiveX controls and plug-ins, navigate to Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins, and select Enable.
- In Security Settings, under ActiveX controls and plug-ins, navigate to Script ActiveX Controls marked safe for scripting, and select Enable.
- In Security Settings, under ActiveX controls and plug-ins, navigate to Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe, and select Enable or Prompt.
NOTE: This setting applies only if you are using the Siebel application Print command with Microsoft Excel.
- Click OK.
A Warning popup appears.
- Click Yes to verify the changes that you made, then, in the Internet Options window, click OK.