Siebel System Administration Guide > Configuring the Browser for Siebel Web Clients > About User Interface Deployment Options for Siebel Web Clients >
About Siebel Open UI
Siebel CRM version 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 introduced a new user interface option, Siebel Open UI.
The Siebel Open UI client is an alternative to the high interactivity client (for employee applications) or the standard interactivity client (for customer applications). Siebel Open UI provides a rich user interface experience, like high interactivity, yet presents many advantages over high interactivity and standard interactivity. Recent browser versions are strongly recommended for optimal functionality and performance.
For Siebel Business Applications that use high interactivity by default, you can deploy them using Siebel Open UI instead. However, you must confirm that the features that you require are available in the Siebel Open UI client.
For any existing deployments using standard interactivity, manual configuration tasks are required to migrate the applications to Siebel Open UI. Alternatively, new applications are available, including Siebel eService for Siebel Open UI and Siebel Partner Portal for Siebel Open UI.
NOTE: User interface references in this guide assume that you are using Siebel Open UI. The Siebel application procedures in this guide assume that you do not use left-hand navigation. However, you can set up left-hand navigation. For more information about left-hand navigation and about implementing it, see Siebel Fundamentals for Siebel Open UI.
With two exceptions, the remaining topics in this chapter describe requirements for standard interactivity and high interactivity and do not apply to Siebel Open UI. The following topics apply to all of the user interface deployment choices for the Siebel Web Clients, including Siebel Open UI:
For more information about configuring and deploying Siebel Business Applications with Siebel Open UI, see the following related books:
- For more information about the functionality that is available for Siebel Open UI, see Siebel Open UI Deployment Guide on My Oracle Support. To access this article, from within My Oracle Support, navigate to the Knowledge tab and search for Article ID 1499842.1.
- For the minimum browser standards and other support information for Siebel Open UI, see the Certifications application on My Oracle Support.
- For information about the product enhancements in the current Siebel CRM release (Siebel Innovation Pack 2013), see the applicable Siebel Maintenance Release Guide on My Oracle Support. For version 8.1.1.x, see article 880452.1 (Article ID). For version 8.2.2.x, see article 1441523.1 (Article ID).
- Before you can enable Siebel Open UI, you might have to use the Incremental Repository Merge feature. For more information about whether this requirement applies to you, see Siebel Installation Guide for the operating system you are using. For information about setting up and using Incremental Repository Merge, see Siebel Database Upgrade Guide.
- For information about enabling Siebel Open UI for Application Object Manager components and Siebel Mobile Web Clients, see the Siebel Installation Guide for the operating system you are using.
- For more information about deploying Siebel Business Applications using Siebel Open UI, see Deploying Siebel Open UI.
- Siebel Open UI is already enabled for Application Object Managers for the Siebel Mobile applications, for new installations of Siebel CRM. For more information, see Siebel Mobile Guide: Connected and Siebel Mobile Guide: Disconnected.
- For information about configuring Siebel Business Applications that use Siebel Open UI, see Configuring Siebel Open UI.
- For information about using Siebel Business Applications that are deployed with Siebel Open UI, see Siebel Fundamentals for Siebel Open UI.