Siebel Master Data Applications Reference for Industry Applications > Administering Siebel Master Data Applications > Example of a Survivorship Rule >
Attaching the New Attribute Group to the Contact Default Rule
To attach the a new attribute group to the contact default rule:
- From the link bar, select Survivorship Rules.
- Set the Status field to inactive while defining the modification to the default rule.
- In the Survivorship Rules list, select the Contact Default rule.
- In the Attribute Group list, add a new attribute group by clicking New.
- From the Attribute Group picklist, query for and select the attribute group created previously, Income Attribute Group.
- Define the Comparison Rule for this attribute group as By Source.
- Step off or save the attribute group record for the Contacts Default rule.
- Because the comparison method is By Source, define the confidence level of the source external systems for the new attribute group:
- Select the Source Confidence tab.
- In the System ID list, click New.
- In the new record, define the source system. As an example, let Source A be the name of one external system and set this system's confidence level to 75.
- Add another source record. As an example, let Source B be the name of a second external system and set this system's confidence level to 95.
This survivorship rule evaluates all updates to the Income field based on the confidence level of the source. For example, if Source B updates the field originally, and then Source A updates at a later date, Source B's data survives because the confidence level is greater than Source A's. Alternatively, if the comparison method was Recent, Source A's data for the Income field would update the UCM record and replace Source B's data.
The final task in the process is to review and activate the enhanced rule:
To review and activate the enhanced Default Contact rule:
- From the link bar, select Survivorship Rules
- Select the Contact Default survivorship rule.
- Select the Summary tab, and review the details of the modified Contact Default rule.
- Navigate back to the survivorship rule list, and select the Contact Default rule.
- Set the Status field to Active, and make sure the Start and End date fields do not invalidate this rule.
The modified Contact Default rule is now active and evaluates updates to the Income field.