Siebel eService Administration Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Siebel Insurance eService > Administering Siebel Insurance eService >
Creating Responsibilities for Siebel Insurance eService
You can use responsibilities for the following functionality:
- Control the pages and applets that different customers see when they log in to your Web site.
- Guide customers in performing tasks that apply to them by providing a task applet on the home page that has links to the places on the Web site where they can complete the tasks. Customers with different responsibilities see different task lists.
Siebel Insurance eService includes the following preconfigured responsibilities that you can use to create responsibilities-based home pages:
- Healthcare Member. Users with the Healthcare Member responsibility see the Health & Wellness Services applet and the Pharmacy Services applet on the home page. They also see healthcare-specific task links in the Customer Services applet.
- Insurance Member. Users with the Insurance Member responsibility see the Contact Us applet and the Service Your Policy applet on the home page. They also see insurance-specific task links in the Customer Services applet.
Set up responsibilities in Siebel Finance. For detailed instructions about setting up a new responsibility, see Siebel Security Guide.
The general steps, along with information specific to Siebel Insurance eService, follow:
- Create a responsibility record. Create a responsibility record in the Responsibilities view of the Administration - Application screen.
- Create tasks for the responsibility. For each task that you want to appear in the task applet on the home page, create a record that is associated with the responsibility record. Make sure that you use the Home Page Tasks value for the Group field.
- Select applets to appear using personalization. To make an applet appear to a user who has a particular responsibility, set a conditional expression for the applet in the Administration - Personalization screen. For example, the conditional expression for the FINS FSW Health Wellness Center Links Applet is GetProfileAttr ("Primary User Role Name") <> 'Insurance Member'. This expression indicates that users with the Insurance Member responsibility do not see this applet.
You can obtain a list of the applets that are associated with the Insurance Member and Healthcare Member responsibilities by querying for the word Member in the Conditional Expression field of the Applets list.
- Assign users to responsibilities. Assign users to the new responsibility using the Administration - User screen of Siebel Finance. When users log in, they see only information that is specific to their responsibility.